I first had this shrimp cocktail when I went for a family visit in Arizona recently. It was a warm Spring day – a perfect setting for a refreshing appetizer, especially on the 17 Day Diet.
My mom was so excited to share with me her latest food creation and I was equally excited to try it!
I mean, come on! When do you ever NOT get excited about Shrimp Cocktail on a warm day!
This recipe is Cycle 3 friendly for the 17 Day Diet, but can be modified for Cycle 2 by omitting the avocado.
However, I must tell you, the avocado is what makes this dish sing in your mouth! Enjoy!
Other Low Carb Fish Recipes
If you’re a big fan of fish in general and you want more low carb recipes to add to your dinner rotation, you’ll love these other fabulous low carb fish recipes:
- Mahi Mahi with Citrus Herb Salad
- Crab Cakes with Citrus Vinaigrette Dressing
- Pan Seared Salmon with Mediterranean Salsa Fresca
- Mayo Free Tuna and Egg Salad
- Grilled Lemon Sriracha Shrimp
- Sandy’s Tuna Toast
- Tuna Cakes with Lemon Dijon Sauce
- Broiled Tilapia with Parmesan
If you make this easy shrimp cocktail recipe, I’d love for you to come back to review the recipe below. If you’re on social media, make sure you tag me @17ddblog so I can see your creation! Enjoy!
- 12 oz bag of frozen small shrimp, deveined and tails removed – let thaw
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon red onion, diced (or more depending on your preference)
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped (or more depending on your preference)
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- V8 Tomato Juice
- 1/2 Lemon, sliced for garnish
- Allow shrimp to thaw inside refrigerator.
- Once shrimp is thawed clean thoroughly.
- Combine shrimp, tomatoes, red onion cilantro, avocado and juice of half of a lemon in a bowl.
- Pour V8 tomato juice over mixture until completely covered.
- Allow to chill for an hour or two.
- Garnish with lemon wedge.
Approved for Cycle 3.
Approved for Cycle 2 if you omit avocado.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. As you know, your health & wellness is a life-long journey and food is one piece of the puzzle. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, helping you with your anti-aging & skincare needs over at my Avon store (come say hi!!), and helping you achieve better health through nature with my other love, Busy Bee’s Wellness Co.