Sometimes I get mesmerized by my Instagram feed with all of the yummy recipes out there. ThisSalmon with Mediterranean Salsa Fresca recipe was no exception!
If you love salmon, but get tired of cooking it the same way each time, this flavor combo takes your fish to a whole new level in this Salmon with Mediterranean Salsa Fresca.
I love Mediterranean flavors! Plus, anytime you can kick your fish up a few notches, I’m all for it.
Bonus points if the recipe is a perfect match for the 17 Day Diet like this one is!
So if you’re in any cycle of the 17 Day Diet and you’re looking to jazz up your salmon, here’s a tasty recipe to liven up your meal time!
What I love most about this recipe is probably the combination of the sweet bell peppers and salty, briny Kalamata olives.
Any time I can add Kalamata olives to a dish, I do!
I’ve featured Greek olives in another dish of mine, Mahi Mahi with Citrus-Herb Salad over Riced Cauliflower.
I see a pattern emerging – Greek olives over fish! YUM!
If you’re not a fan of salmon or any type of fish for that matter, this Mediterranean Salsa Fresca featured in this recipe would be perfect over chicken!
Other Low Carb Fish Recipes
If you’re a big fan of fish and you want more low carb fish recipes to add to your dinner rotation, you’ll love these other fabulous low carb fish recipes:
- Mahi Mahi with Citrus Herb Salad
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Crab Cakes with Citrus Vinaigrette Dressing
- Mayo Free Tuna and Egg Salad
- Grilled Lemon Sriracha Shrimp
- Sandy’s Tuna Toast
- Tuna Cakes with Lemon Dijon Sauce
- Broiled Tilapia with Parmesan
If you make this Pan Seared Salmon dish, please come back to review the recipe below. If you’re on social media, make sure you tag me @17ddblog so I can see your dish! Enjoy!
For the Salmon:
- 4 salmon fillets, skinned (roughly 1 ¼ – 1 ½ pounds)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Olive oil
- Mediterranean Salsa Fresca (see recipe below)
For the Mediterranean Salsa Fresca:
- 1 cup small cherry or sugar tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small cucumber, finely diced
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoon pitted kalamata olives, finely diced
- 2 tablespoon red onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and Black pepper
For the salmon:
- Place the salmon fillets onto a plate, and drizzle enough olive oil to lightly cover all sides.
- In a separate bowl, combine all other ingredients for the salmon and mix well.
- Evenly coat the salmon with mixture and allow the salmon to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
While the salmon is marinating, prepare the salsa:
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a small bowl, and salt and pepper to taste, mix with a spoon to combine, cover and keep covered and in the fridge until ready to serve.
- When your salmon is finished marinating, place a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and heat enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Once oil is hot, add salmon and sear on the first side for about 4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Flip salmon over and cook for another 3-4 minutes, until done.
- Top the cooked salmon with the Mediterranean Salsa Fresca.
Approved all cycles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.