This was a lovely dish I recently featured in my last C1 Challenge (it was actually borrowed from my Simply17 weekly dinner meal plan service).
Photo above courtesy of community member, Ann B. – don’t you just LOVE Ann’s bowl?
I had to have her photo featured partly because of how cute it is! Ann added a side of broccoli to her meal as well as chickpeas (cycle 2).
It was such a big hit with community members – they loved this dish so much that they devoured it in no time!
I’m bringing this to my blog as many have requested it, so enjoy! It’s approved for all cycles of the 17 Day Diet.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bell peppers, any color, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- onion powder to taste
- dash of cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium high heat. Add chicken pieces to skillet, season with salt and pepper and onion powder. When chicken is browned, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Next, reduce heat to medium, add remaining tablespoon olive oil to skillet and saute onions and bell peppers, until tender. Add garlic to pan and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Next, add chicken broth to skillet to deglaze pan scraping any bits from the bottom using a wooden spoon.
- Add browned chicken, tomato, paprika, a dash of cayenne, and salt and pepper to taste to the pan and simmer covered for about 30 minutes.
- After chicken mixture has simmered for 30 minutes, take a few spoons full of sauce and add to sour cream in a small bowl. Stir until combined and sour cream is tempered.
- Add warmed sour cream to skillet and stir until mixture is nice and creamy.
- Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes or until sauce has reduced and has thickened up a bit.
Serve over steamed veggies, cauliflower rice or another starch.
Approved for all cycles.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. As you know, your health & wellness is a life-long journey and food is one piece of the puzzle. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, making gemstone & crystal bracelets over at my Vixy Fae Etsy shop, and helping you achieve better health through nature with my other love, Busy Bee’s Wellness Co.