If you’re struggling to figure out what a typical day might look like on Cycle 1 of the 17 Day Diet, here is a Cycle 1 sample menu with recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner (snacks, too!).
If you’re looking for more ideas on how to menu plan for Cycle 1, you can check out my other meal plans as well – they’re listed as the end of this blog post, so keep scrolling!
I also have many 17 Day Diet Recipes here on the blog and you can create your own menu from them.
17 Day Diet Cycle 1 Sample Menu
Wake Up Drink:
Hot Water with Lemon
- Blueberries and Cream Green Smoothie
(this smoothie contains 1 + 1/2 of your daily fruit servings and 1 yogurt serving)
- 1 Cup Green Tea
- A big bowl of Chicken Enchilada Soup (slow cooker)
- 1/2 cup chopped fruit (this is the remaining fruit serving of the day)
- Small Garden salad
- 1 Cup Green Tea
• 1/2 Cup Low-Sugar Fruit Flavored Yogurt
• Baby Carrots, 1 Cup (Optional only if hungry)
- 64-96 oz of plain water
Tip: Unlimited veggies and lean proteins are allowed on Cycle 1 if you are hungry.
More Recipes Ideas for Cycle 1 of the 17 Day Diet
Here are a few other ideas for recipes for your meals on Cycle 1:
17 Day Diet Breakfast Recipes
Breakfast is one of the more important meals of the day. Load up on protein and fiber, and you’re good to go.
Here are a few other 17 Day Diet breakfast recipes to give you more ideas for starting your day off on the right foot:
- Veggie Egg Cups
- Waffle Omelette
- Skillet Garden Eggs
- Asparagus and Eggs
- Busy Bee’s Superfood Smoothie Recipe
17 Day Diet Lunch Recipes
Lunch should be enough to fill you up and keep you satiated for most of the day.
You’ll be most active during this part of the day, so make sure you eat enough protein and veggies. Here are a few extra ideas for lunch time:
- Slow Cooker Mexican Cilantro Chicken
- Chicken Feta Spinach Patties
- Egg Roll in a Bowl a la Judy
- Lemony Chicken and Kale Detox Soup
Dinnertime is when you start to wind down for the evening. If you’re cooking for a family, here are some family-friendly meals that you can serve everyone and still lose weight:
- Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas with Cauliflower
- Greek Chicken Souvlaki with Yogurt Sauce
- Lemony Herbed Chicken and Green Beans
- Chicken and Broccoli Bake
- Bruschetta Stuffed Balsamic Chicken
17 Day Diet Cycle Food Lists
When you know the approved foods for Cycle 1, it becomes even easier to plan out a menu for the week. Here are links to each cycle food list:
Other 17 Day Diet Sample Meal Plans
Here are a few other sample meal plans for each cycle of the 17 Day Diet to give you a few more ideas and inspiration:
- 17 Day Diet Cycle 1 Meal Plan
- 17 Day Diet Cycle 2 Meal Plan or this New Cycle 2 Sample Menu
- 17 Day Diet Cycle 3 Meal Plan
17 Day Diet Vegetarian Sample Meal Plan
The 17 Day Diet doesn’t have an official chapter on eating a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle, so you might be asking “Can I be on the 17 Day Diet if I’m a vegetarian or vegan?”
The short answer is yes. The long answer is you’ll need to modify the 17 Day Diet in order to adapt the diet to your specific lifestyle and I go into this in detail in the link above in this section.
You can also find sample 17 Day Diet Vegetarian Meal Plan to give you some inspiration on how to adapt the 17 Day Diet to your way of eating.
I also have a 4-week dinner meal plan called Simply Veggie you may want to check out.