Here is a Chicken Feta Spinach Patty recipe community member, Judy H., was inspired to create from scratch after reading another member’s post about her patties from her local butcher.
These are a perfect healthy burger for the 17 Day Diet.
Besides the ground chicken, the two stars of this show are spinach and feta.
If you can, try to use fresh spinach. If you opt for frozen spinach, make sure it’s fully thawed before using it.
Plus, you want to make sure most of the liquid is squeezed out of the spinach or your burger patties will be mushy and won’t hold their form.
The second star of the recipe is feta cheese. It has a great tangy + salty bite that really makes these patties pop!
Now technically, non-fat cheese is allowed in all cycles under the condiment section.
You’ll actually find feta listed in the Cycle 3 food list. This recipe doesn’t call for much, so you should be good to go.
The original patties looked so delicious that Judy got creative in the kitchen and developed her own version!
Judy’s recipe was originally double what I posted here, so I took the liberty of converting it to a 4-serving recipe.
In Judy’s original recipe, she used 3 eggs (for a 2-pound ground chicken recipe), so if you feel like your chicken needs more than 1 egg, then by all means feel free to add in more.
This recipe is approved for all cycles of the 17 Day Diet.
For your non-dieters in the family, toasted on a sesame bun would be a perfect addition.
If you’re watching your carb intake, consider a protein style burger (patty wrapped in lettuce), or served as a patty alongside your favorite veggies! Enjoy!
- 1 pound ground lean chicken
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 to 2 ounces crumbed non or low-fat feta cheese
- 1 large handful spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil (for frying)
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients except for the olive oil and combine until well incorporated.
- Preheat a non-stick pan on medium high heat.
- Depending on how lean your chicken is, you may need to add a bit of Olive Oil to the pan.
- Add patties and cook until both sides are browned and chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
Approved for all cycles
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.